The Tech Haven of Profound

A place where a Jamaican talks tech with respect to the Jamaican scenario and limitations.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Priorities Straightened

pri·or·i·ty Audio pronunciation of "priority" ( P ) Pronunciation Key n. pl. pri·or·i·ties
  1. Precedence, especially established by order of importance or urgency.
    1. An established right to precedence.
    2. An authoritative rating that establishes such precedence.
  2. A preceding or coming earlier in time.
  3. Something afforded or deserving prior attention.
---

I have limited resources and several desires. How do I achieve them all? One way is to prioritize and achive things incrementally. Priorities can be established by order of importance, or cost, or urgency, or time to complete the task. The following is a complete list of objectives. Though numbered they are not in order of priority.

  1. I want my little lilly-pad somewhat away from everybody else in my house without paying rent. That may weigh in at over 100k to accomplish fully. Repairs needed, not to mention cleanup- and probably different furniture.
  2. I want to be mobile- I want my own car. Car loans threaten to charge be $25000 per month. With all the things I want to achive, and considering my priorities the car is very low on my list. I can endure 'this' a little longer.
  3. I want to build my PVR. TV Card with Remote and IR Blaster, Round Cables and an Internal Fan for cooling, 1GB-stick of RAM, Cordless Desktop, Sound Card, 5.1 Audio to name a few come in at $28862.24 without shipping from Miami or the 5.1 Audio. The perfect PVR/Gaming system (withouth a mobo or chip change). I don't want to do a mobo or chip change because that would be too expensive- the new X2 starts at U$400+
  4. I want to fully network my house, wired and wireless. I already have the wireless, I have a switch- I just need to run the cable. That is relatively inexpensive but it requires time to sit down, calibrate the cables properly for the plug and do everything neatly along the skirting. Time. Cost should be less than $4000.
  5. I want a new mobile phone: The Nokia 6255 to be exact. I want to stop using the unreliable hiptop email service and get something a bit more reliable. I would get a cheap bMobile to maintain my postpaid account.
Hmmm. I guess I can start at 4. Then 1. Then 3. Then 2. Then if anything 5. Or, maybe I can scrap 2 altogether, and scrap 5 as well. So I do 4, 3 and 1 and just save my money. Hmmm. How long can I endure not being able to leave home without underbreath mutterings.... We'll see. Taxifare is cheaper than gas money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home