The Tech Haven of Profound

A place where a Jamaican talks tech with respect to the Jamaican scenario and limitations.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Having a really bad week

Jenna is on my last nerve. When a woman gets this bad that she burns your pocket in an unreasonable manner I think it is time to leave her. I mean really, I get her anything she wants- Jenna wants a new graphics card, I get it. When Jenna wanted a new monitor I bought her the best 19" WXGA on the market. She wanted a new burner- she had it.

My most recent burner, the one I bought just a couple months ago, no longer works. It must be the motherboard. Why else would a cost-effective but industry leading burner stop burning and start reading blank dvds as only have 400mb free? Why else would it refuse to recognize any of my discs- discs it recognized a week earlier. It all started with the big Pioneer I had, now it is doing it with my NEC. It attempted to do it to my Liteon as well.

Jenna, I am giving you notice. As soon as I raise J$90k you and I are through. I don't care if you want to sabotage me from now until then. I am over you- you hear me you stupid gold-digging intel! I am going to get a real woman, an AMD Venice core 3800+ with hyper transport. She is going to be named Lori- the star of the future. You, you will just be some piece of junk in one of my best friend's rooms. It is over.

2 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Adrian said...

You are willing to spend 90large on a new pc? lol good luck with that. Maybe you should have put yourself in the uptown techies group :p

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger japrofound said...

Truth be told Jenna isn't that bad- she is just old. It is time to give her to mom and move on with someone a little more hip. Besides, I don't mind building two PVR if one can double as a gaming hub. It isn't her fault and she is really good machine. She probably has worn out IDE Cables or something like that.

And no- I am not uptown techie material at all. I just love having a stable machine to work on. Still in the heart of Cross Roads.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home