The Tech Haven of Profound

A place where a Jamaican talks tech with respect to the Jamaican scenario and limitations.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

New old Discoveries

First there was sliced bread. Then they made Google Home Page. I mean how cool is that? I decided to pimp my page a little bit. I think I am going to try some more customizations. I need certain things to help me with work- sticky, to-do and email mainly. When Google came out with Google Calendar I was in orbit and headed straight to the stars. Google Homepage makes things so much easier. The only difficulty now is keeping each window open- which is easily solved by using Mozilla Firefox, one tab per service.

Before the pimping:

Afterwards when I added some new stuff:




I know. Isn't google awesome? I agree. So now I can have fun and work all in one window. Macromedia flash and Ajax will cleanse the Internet.

I wanted to post a couple screens of Remotely Anywhere. I had to uninstall remotely anywhere because it just wouldn't allow anything on Port 21- at all. It refused to start the programme. I am using another port now so it should be fine. It is a really great product and has help me save a lot of time in the past. May it continue to do so.

Screens courtesy of GIMP the Open Source version of Adobe Photoshop. The screen resolution is 1440x900 to fit my screen so be aware. Yes, WXGA gone large again.

In a previous post I neglected to post the motherboard I settled on for Lori Alexia Vista Machine. Here it is.

2 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger japrofound said...

Stay focused man. Lori Alexia Vista Machine is the intended name for my New Vista Premuim Ready build.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger japrofound said...

How do I change the name from Retestrak back to Jenna? Glad you mentioned it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home