The Tech Haven of Profound

A place where a Jamaican talks tech with respect to the Jamaican scenario and limitations.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Theory proven False

Well well.

Yatta posited a theory that the easiest way to remotely access my box across the corporate proxy filled firewall is to use port 80. For some reason the firewall allows the default browsing port as well as the ftp port. I couldn't install Remotely Anywhere using port 80- received errors when it attempted to start the service. I figure that is because the browsers have already started the service on that port.

I installed everything using the default port and then went in and changed it to 21. No go on the corporate firewall. Either they block the ftp port or something... So in the end I am unable to log into my account across the company firewall.

Coincidentally I am going to post some screens of Remotely Anywhere and try to block out personally identifying information. Should be on later today.

My two mongrels are henceforth codenamed Ren and Stimpy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home