The Tech Haven of Profound

A place where a Jamaican talks tech with respect to the Jamaican scenario and limitations.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Did I say my phone is King?

Whoever said bMobile's GPRS service was bad is probably using a lame phone. Yes, you and your SLVR and your Motorola C333 and the like having nothing on me. NCB uses bMobile's GPRS system to do their mobile swipe card system. I use bMobile to remote control my PC from my Nokia 9300.

Yes, that is what I said. I was having some trouble with my DynDns account and figured out that the reason I wasn't remote controlling things is because my account password was incorrect. After correcting that I was able to promptly log into my remotely anywhere account on my PC and view the status. I havent yet tried to remote control in the real sense- over GPRS... ridiculous- but I can manage accounts, shut down the system, telnet, ssh and just about everything else.

I was also able to swiftly adjust my wireless network settings at home from the phone while I was at work. I think I am getting infinitely happier about my new phone. I still haven't setup blackberry fully but I have everything else. Perhaps a new voice dialing system would be a welcome addition.

Pictures to come.

1 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

hmmm i was the king with my qtek 9090 but then i have been outdone yet again by the stennet. i'm still gonna say ppc pwns symbian but hte ergo of the 9300 pwnerizes the qtek 9090 six way till sunday. i also wanted to do the whole remote pc thing but oh no i have lame intarweb at home j2 who runs a big fat nat on the network so no dydns ac for me. which slows down everything for me, my ifolder testing my everything.


p.s screw windows linux opens doors

 

Post a Comment

<< Home